GLOBAL HACKATHON & CUPCAKE CHALLENGE
As I mentioned in an earlier blog, the first try did not pan out. This time around I used powdered "matcha" green tea. It's similar in color to wasabi, but it's not as bad a shock...
Before baking they're not so great, but after they're cooked, the texture and color was acceptable.
I had a little "chocolate pen" that I tried to add some lettering. My first attempt at an email icon didn't make the grade:
But the important one came out all right:
One of our THS members runs a catering service, and I borrowed their vacuum sealer. Putting the cupcake in a holder, sealing it in a bag, and turning on the vacuum, however:
Frosting fail! So I tried to repair the damage:
Fortunately, we have a junk box for just such emergencies.
Back to the cupcakes, since we had so many I included another:
This one I dropped into a " Kimono Lantern". You can tell I'm not a mechanical engineer as I completely failed to account for the cupcakes rolling in their holders.
This was the setup for packaging, with some extra goodies added.
I sent it via EMS on the Monday after the Hackathon (the 17th). Splat Space apparently got it on Friday the following week. You can see their opening here.