You are hereWeekly Meeting 12/4 / Reply to comment
Reply to comment
First open meeting after the Maker Faire.
Some notes from the dead dog party. 反省会の議事録
- Maker Faire "didn't have any administrative problems", lots of staff & few questions
- "What is THS" - is our image just selling kits? We should show off what we build
- For next time - have more tables. One to vend, one to show member projects, one a group project
- We need a video or class of "Intro to hackerspaces"
- "We should definitely do a talk at every Maker Faire"
- Jud: "this year was too professional" - too crowded
- MRE: "We could do our own Maker Faire" (the "Faker Faire")
- Marco: "If we sell kits, we will need to become more like a company" (Jam disagrees)
- Ritsuko "We could make a company in a different name" (like Makerbot?)
Selling kits & making money
- Mikele: "If we want to keep open, we need to make money"
- Maker Faire helped attract people, how to attract members?
- Mikele: classes help
- Jam: agree w/ Mikele, specific ideas are good
- Akiba: "need to provide value to the members"
- Jud: "a hackerspace is a place to do weird stuff"
- could also make the hackerspace "attractive to kids", there were many at Maker Faire
- Richard: would be great if stuff was modded at the Maker Faire booth, to show people how to hack
- Soldering stations at Maker Faire: only used twice, to repair our APC
- Richard: should also add information about hackerspaces (NYCRes, NB, etc) because we had to explain the term lots